Data Retention & Recovery

Hi,

Our data retention policy within Converse is currently set to 15 months after this time interaction history is deleted. In the event we need to report over this timescale is the data still available via Netcall Support?

Is there a recommended retention period or a reason to suggest this shouldn’t be increased further?

Many thanks

Karl

Hello Karl

I can confirm that in Liberty Converse the maximum data retention policy is 730 days.

The default is set to 456 days and after this data is deleted completely from the system, and no access to this data would be obtainable from Netcall.

If data retention is required what I would suggest is saving the Interactions report data either monthly or at the most every 3 months to a network store.

Note that Call Recordings are only stored for 90 days, if you need to obtain call recordings for longer I would suggest setting up an archiving script to copy the call recordings from the Liberty system to a network data store. Call Recordings can easily be found outside of the Contact Centre Interactions report using the Call ID which is stored in the Interactions Report. Using the Saved Interaction report and an archiving policy for call recordings that should enable you to store information for as long as you require.

I have also been advised that we do intend to allow more control over data retention including call recording retention in a future release of Liberty Converse early next year

Kind Regards,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

It would be great if we could schedule the reports to run (as often as we wanted them), to save remembering to run them to store historical data.

Let’s hope this function is coming soon…
Tracy

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for your reply, that’s useful to know.
We also support Tracy’s request regarding scheduled reports. This would be very useful.
Karl

@tracylancashire & @Karl

We hear you, watch this space, we have some very big plans on this and look forward to sharing details soon.

But that’s all I can say at the moment (sorry for teasing like this)

Jonathan

@JonathanRedsell
Is there a an individual retention policy for Audit Log data?
I have just been asked the question by one of our Operational Team, it appears the audit log report will only show the last 90 days?
Karl

Hi @Karl I believe currently as this is classed as detailed information this is set to 90 days like the Recent call report. I myself am unsure if this can be changed individually. Perhaps @JonathanGunner can shed more light on this subject.

Hi Karl,

When you refer to the “Audit Log”, is this the Agent Audit Log report or the system admin Audit Log?

Thanks

Jonathan Gunner.

If you are wanting to increase the retention period for the Agent Audit Log, there is actually an independent setting for retention of this data and the default is 90 days. Unfortunately the setting is not accessible in the web interface but can be changed directly in the database if required. Let me know if you would like this changed and to how many days you would like the data retained (within reason).

Note that we are in the final stages of development of our new reporting enhancements which will provide scheduled delivery of reports and also direct API access to the reporting data from tools such as Excel, Power BI and SQL Server etc. This will be available in the Liberty Converse 5.1 release.

Thanks Both. I’m looking at the Agent Audit Log - to view agent activity within Converse.

Thanks for your reply Jonathan, that’s really useful. I will discuss with our operations and let you know if a change is required.