Edit submitted records

I’m following the learning path creating the sample TSG Helpdesk solution and somehow missed configuring the ‘TSG’ prefix for the Case Reference Number. I’ve now amended this for all new cases. Is it possible to retrospectively amend previous records?

Hi @jlscott - thanks for making your first post! This is not something you can easily achieve. I’ve passed this on to one of our more experienced builders to see if he can help.
I’ll keep you posted.
Tony

Hi There, my name is Mark and I am a Platform Solution Developer here at MatsSoft and I’m here to help you.

There is no straightforward way of doing what you are trying to achieve. It’s important that you create an Autoref field (If that is what you need) before you begin raising cases or you end up where you are now.

It CAN be done by basically exporting all your cases, deleting the records in Mats then re-importing them, but you would obviously lose all history of the cases. The nasty but best answer is to just scrap the cases with no ID’s and raise them again. I know it’s a pain.

If there are other circumstances that make this a non-viable option do come back to me and I’ll see what I can figure out for you!

If you need further help please feel free to ask away.

Regards - MP

1 Like

Thanks Mark, I suspected that might be the case.