Detect and raise exception on .py script

Hello,

I’m trying to catch an exception in a python script.
I’d like to do something when I catch the exception but then I’d like the flow to fail so it can trigger the correct notifications. If when I trap the exception then I do raise(“xxx”) the flow doesn’t continue

How can I make the node “.py File” go to the next “ERR” node?

Thanks,
Ana

To add more information.

This also happens (job gets stuck) if there is an error in the code.
I was expecting this would throw an exception and make the job fail (and finish) but it just gets stuck.

Any ideas?

Hi Ana, thank you for raising this issue. Please leave it with me and I will update you on the progress.

Regards
Manpreet

Hi Ana, this issue is fixed and the latest installer 2024.1.2 should be available for you to download from your controller. Please can you confirm.

Regards
Manpreet

Unfortunately I still have the same issue. If the job fails (I intentionally closed the window), it never ends. Please see screenshots.
The other curious think is that I have the code inside a try/except clause and it never reaches the Except

Hi Ana, based on our discussion once you have installed new installer both the below issues should be resolved:

1. The flow stuck at .py script node
  2. The job status left ‘Running’ in the controller

Regards
Manpreet

Hi Manpreet,

I finally got the latest version of RPA Studio installed and I can confirm that it works. The flow finishes and reports a fail when an exception is raised :smiley:

Thanks,
Ana

1 Like