Drop down (select field) populated by API call

Hi all,

We (Cheshire East Council) are new users of Liberty Create and we are currently under going a process of creating some core components that are used across our forms (pages). One of these components is an address lookup and this where I could do with some help from other Create users.

We have set up a API that we pass a postcode to, this will then search for the address on our LLPG and return an array of properties that share that postcode. I’m sure I am missing something really obvious but how do we then display a drop down list of addresses to the the person completing the form?

Thank you in advance.

Adam.

1 Like

Hi Adam,

Welcome to Liberty Create! :slight_smile:

In terms of how to display it on a dropdown, it’ll depend on the context you want to use your addresses is. Let’s say, for example, you have a form to create a new case, and as part of that case you have a relationship to the ‘Addresses’ object. You could then utilise this by using a ‘Relation Selector’ - Which allows you to select a related record - and set the presenter to ‘Input relation dropdown’.

This will then give you a list of address records to select from.
However, if you have more than 100 address records, then instead of a dropdown, it’s better to utilise the ‘Input relation type ahead’ presenter which can accomodate for more records through a searchable format.

Information about both presenters can be found in our Documentation portal in this document, if you want to learn more about them.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like