Easy way to set column widths in lists

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know a simple way to set column widths in a list? I’ve tried to change the widths under presentation but it didn’t seem to make a difference.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave

My name is Ian Kindred and I am the AppShare Development Manager.

I’ve just now added fixed and minimum width values in the presentation section to an item in a list and it all works as expected.

Could you let me know the values you’re entering, what you’d expect to happen and what is actually happening, please?

Thanks for using the forum.

Ian

1 Like

Hi Ian,

Thanks for getting in touch. I have tried again and it perhaps wasn’t working because I hadn’t set a minimum size. It it correct that the minimum limit is 250 and the max is 500?

All the best,

Dave

It might be to do with the specific widget-type or the widths of other columns in the list but for me it won’t allow me to have a column width more than 250px

(

I had the same message, I set the min as 250px and the max as 500px but in reality it is probably showing as 250px. I’ve got lots of columns, so it’s probably to do with that but not sure why as you can scroll right.

Hi Dave

Yes, the minimum limit looks like 250, but I’m not sure what the maximum is, but I can find out.

Does it work for you if you if set both a max and a min?

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thank you, that would be helpful. It does make it larger with the min/max settings but I’m not sure if it’s 250 or more. The max doesn’t seem to have an upper limit but it doesn’t get any bigger, the min only goes as far as 250 as you say.

Thanks,

Dave