Import Template

Does anyone know if when using an import template … many to many relationships work ?

I’m asking because im getting a weird result.

I want to batch import users and assign those users to several “applications”. So I setup a field mapping across a many to many relationship - the same way I would for any link scenario.

My import might have columns Application 1, Application 2, Application 3 etc and I’m only ever assigning one application per field of course.

If I do Link Required (with no save) it fails saying it cannot find the target record. If I do not set link required (but do save) it fails silently in so much that the linking is not done but the record is created.

The target records ABSOLUTELY do exist and I am simply mapping to Name / Title (text single line) so no Processor involved.

Leads me to believe that using a many-to-many is either not supported or its a bug ?

I would have further thought that if these types of relationship were not supported for imports, then you would not be able to select such a type in the editor …

Thanks

Haydn

I think this might be the first time I have actually used an import template specifically with a many-to-many relationships.

I’m actually undertaking a data migration project at the moment (with a re-implementation) and this will require LOTS of data to be imported this way (sadly APIs is not a viable option for this) so I am going to need to leverage many-to-many relationships quite a bit.