Saving One to Many in Javascript

NOTE: Sorry found the error it was when trying to refresh it once the data had been uploaded this works as a way for creating one2many data in javascript

Hi,

I’m trying to save a one to many object using a presenter, which calls an API giving me multiple items.

here’s an example of what the data I’m trying to save will look like.

bulkyItems =
[
{itemArea: ‘Garden’, itemDescription: ‘Netball hoop’},
{itemArea: ‘Kitchen’, itemDescription: ‘Cooker’}
]

I have fieldPaths references made from the CASE object to the bulkyItems object:

cs.ref(‘field_item_area’) [REL0000983FEFFC1,REL0000981FEFFC1:PRO0003577FEFFC1]
cs.ref(‘field_item_description’) [REL0000983FEFFC1,REL0000981FEFFC1:PRO0003583FEFFC1]

As I’m trying to create new objects I’m running a for look for bulkyItems and saving each separately using the recordId of the presenter.

for (let item in bulkyItems){
let save_bulky = {};
save_bulky[cs.ref(‘field_item_area’)] = bulkyItems[item].itemArea;
save_bulky[cs.ref(‘field_item_description’)] = bulkyItems[item].itemDescription;
save_bulky[’:id’] = record_id;
mats.save(base_object_id, save_bulky);
}

This seems to create bulkyItems but it doesn’t save any information I can only get the id number of the new items. Whats more I even searched through the recordset and tried to update the fields using cs.set() but once I’m out of the recordset it forgets all the data.

I also get tonnes of these error with search mentioned
08:41:09.7574 Invalid field path passed to record::search() - :PRO0003577FEFFC1. Field belongs to object OBJ0000319FEFFC1, however expected object is OBJ0000198FEFFC1.

the 2 objects mentioned are the case object and the bulky item object.

Does anyone have an idea on where the creation is incorrect?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing!! We are glad you found a solution to your query.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, we are here to help!

Thank you

Lisa V