Send notifications to widget "Notifications"

Hi all,

I am struggling to send a notification to the widget “Notifications” (Notifications - Netcall Community) when I create a comment (widget Comments) or when I create a record in another object.

I searched inside documentation but don’t refers nothing about this. I think that I need to create a Message with Channel “Push Notification” but I am not sure because I still could not solve it.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Many thanks,
André

Hi André,

The notifications widget works on it’s own object, which needs to be populated via a rule if used in conjunction with the comments widget.

Please read the documentation that is available on the notification widget setup.

The comments widget has a setting that allows to configure an event to be fired when a comment is added. Using this event you can create a rule that will populate your notifications object.

Hi Ged,

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

I already did that but when I populate the notifications object, only appears a red dot on the widget and no notification.

Could you help me with this one, please?

Thank you,
André

Hi André,

Could you please send me a private message with a link to where you have the widget setup, and I will have a look for you.

Ged

1 Like

I’m also having the same issue

I’m assuming a relationship needs to be created to the users and the notification ?

Hi Sean,

Yes a relationship needs to be created, in order to link comments and notifications with the user

Hi All

Firstly, apologies for reviving an old thread, but I’ve encountered pretty much exactly the same issue as described here.

What we’re trying to do is simple, we’re just looking for a way to send a blanket message to all users informing them of any changes made to the CRM (we’re using CHCentral) or advising them of any planned maintenance etc. The notifications widget looks like a quick and tidy way of doing this.

As far as I can tell, I’ve set the widget up as per the documentation. I’ve also created an admin page to submit the notification messages (just a simple form to insert a record into the Notifications object).

When a record is inserted, the red dot appears on the icon, but when clicked, displays…

“There are no records”

…except, when I test using the user that created the record, then it’s visible.

I suspect my admin page set-up is using the incorrect relationships (Logged in user etc), so have done a bit of testing around this but cannot get it to work.

Hi Stephen, my name is Mark Pearson and I am the AppShare Manager.

Welcome to the forum, and no worries regarding raising an old topic. Adding to the thread provides useful continuity for us when try to eliminate issues such as this.

If you would like to email or message me directly and provide me with a URL to where you have unsuccessfully tried to install this widget, I can have one of our Developers go take a look and see what is awry.

Best Regards - Mark
mark.pearson@netcall.com

I