SOAP API Calls and Functionality

Hi,

I’m new to netcall and was wondering if anyone has managed to create SOAP api connections and calls to an external service.

I am having difficulty, having looked through the documentation in the resources section.

Can anyone help?

Hi Luke, Yes I have - assuming you are using the generic SOAP adaptor and are retrieving the WSDL OK it just worked when I tried it. Can you be more specific over the problem you are having?

Richard

Hi @richk,

Thats brilliant, i’m having difficulty setting up the SOAP API Call. The function drop down throws me, as this is a mandatory field, yet no function is available to select. I create an API function and no function is available.

Any ideas?

Thanks

If you are setting up an API call to call OUT from Create to a third party, you need to set up an API Connection first. If you select the generic SOAP adapter you can then set the WSDL url and the End point URL. When it retrieved the WSDL, it should set up all the API calls for you. API Functions and Endpoints are for when you are hosting the API and expect other systems to call Create.

Of course, if it is the latter you are after, then forget API Connections and Calls and first set up at least one function then set up the endpoint.

I have a little video I did (if I can still find it) somewhere if you want it.

A video would be amazing thankyou!

I am completely new to liberty create. I have an API to an LLPG address database that I would like to autofill address fields based on the customer inputting their postcode. I have worked my way through the available guidance and am now even more confused. Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Gebrad

What you need is the postcode in an object property. Then call the API with the object property in the request packet. The response packet will then allow you to populate the appropriate properties on return. PM me with contact details if you want to discuss further.

Richard

To add to this thread if that’s ok - I’m setting up a generic SOAP connection to a 3rd party. I’m getting ‘WSDL is not initialised’. But when I put the URL in another browser tab, it gives me XML as expected. Does this just mean that we’re not using the right authentication? The notes from the 3rd party say:
‘The service uses WS-Security to provide client credentials as a user name and password’
We’ve tried the username/password in the ‘Enable WS-Security User Token’ section, and also tried it in the ‘WSDL HTTP Basic authentication’ section. Not sure what else to try other than confirming the username/password and permissions with 3rd party?

Hi James,

WSDL is not normally protected by any authentication, and when it is, it’s normally basic authentication. Do you have to put in any authentication to retrieve it using a browser (start with a new instance of a browser so no cached credentials). If you want to share the WSDL Url via PM I will take a look and see if I can see what is going wrong.

Richard

Hello, I’m currently trying to build in the api located on end point(https://sandbox.ws-idu.tracesmart.co.uk/v5.8/)

Unfortunately I am getting the error ‘Generic Soap API call failed: SOAP-ERROR: Encoding: object has no ‘input’ property’ listed i the detective. I am thinking it is related to the arraytype "urn:OtpRequestPart[]. As such, I wondering if it is possible to overcome this using the Generic SOAP?

Hi Lloyd
Question - are you using a related object with a to-many relationship with your base object for the OtpRequestPart - I would suspect if not that the XML is not getting built correctly. Check the Request Payload in the API request Object and see if it looks OK. If you load your WSDL up in SOAPUI and create a request you can then paste in your payload and validate it.
I can load it up tomorrow and give it a try if that doesn’t help.

Richard

Hi Richard, yeah I did try and feed an input from a To Many for that OtpRequestPart and still had the same issue. Though it is linking to an empty table as I did have that value set as xsi:nil="true in the xml of SoapUI. Unfortunately I have been unable to validate the payload, but I believe that is down to the formatting.