Agents rejecting/'busy' state for calls

Hello,

Please can someone help explain what happens to rejected calls once they are rejected. E.g. Does it go to the back of the queue or is it lost in the ether somewhere?

Also, we do have some agents who have a fantastic knack of being “busy” for calls when looking at the Agent Summary report. Being slightly naive, how can agents become “busy” to dare I say, avoid the call? Are there any legitimate reasons why agents could be “busy” I.e. going unavailable at the same time a call is presented?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi @davearmshaw, When an Agent Rejects any Interaction (be it a Call, Message, Email or Task) the Interaction is placed back into the Queue to be answered by another Agent so you don’t need to worry about it going off into the wilderness never to be found or heard form again (unless they hand up that is).

The Agent Summary Report shows what happens when the system tries to present an Interaction to an Agent and what the outcome of that presentation is. This works as follows:

Now it is important to note that an Interaction will only ever be presented to an Agent in a Ready Status. So they must be logged in and Ready in order for the system to send them an Interaction. It is also important to note that the number of Inbound Calls Presented can be more than the total queued as a single Interaction can be presented more than once if it is not Answered. Let’s take a look at the breakdown of statuses.

• Inbound Calls Presented: The total number of Interactions an Agent has been presented (not necessarily answered).

• Answered: The total number of calls answered and percentage based on the number presented.

• No Answer: The total number of calls that were not answered by the Agent. This means that their phone rang but they did not answer within the timer set on your system, the call is then pulled back to then try another Agent. (Same interaction now being presented to another Agent).

• Busy: When an Agent is on a call outside of the system, be it a direct call to their phone, making a call direct from their phone outside of the system then the system shows them as Ready (as they are on a call and the system does not know about it). When the system tries to call them, it receives a Busy signal form your phone system. It could also be that you have an issue on your phone system trying to contact the agents desk and presenting a busy signal. - The best way to ensure you do not receive a Busy signal is to ensure all Agents make and receive all calls through the Contact Centre software.

• Failed: When the system presents the call to an Agent the phone system sends a failure signal back to the system, there can be many reasons for this, but 99.99% of the time it is outside of Netcall’s control and should be investigated by yourselves on the phone the Agent is using.

• Rejected: The Agent Rejects the call when it is incoming by either selecting a Busy Code or logging out of the application as their phone is ringing. If this is an issue of not having enough time after a call to select a Busy Code, your Agents can select a Busy Code during the Interactions which will then kick in when the Interaction ends. Great for going to Lunch at the end of a Call when the Contact Centre is busy with calls.

• Abandoned: The caller hung up as the Agents phone was ringing. Not much you can do about this, other than ensure you don’t have Agent’s returning any of the other results and that they answer the calls in a timely fashion.

I hope this helps, do let us know if you have any further questions.

As a side note we did a Deep Dive session into the Queue and Agent Summary reports on Friday last week, look out for the video round up of that when it’s posted and I am sure we will run further sessions on this as well.

Kind Regards,
Jonathan Redsell - Trainer

Hi Jonathan, thanks for your speedy response, it certainly helps!

I did attend the deep dive session on Friday and found it very useful, that’s what prompted me to start delving in.

Can I just check, when you said about rejected calls and the call is placed back in the queue, does this mean the back of a queue or the next available agent? Obviously if its a busy day and it goes to the back of the queue then its going to cause more frustration for the caller and we can advise the agent/s of the implications caused by doing it.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi @davearmshaw its great that this session wet your appetite for reports.

The caller in this case, retains their position in the queue so will stay at the front of the queue to be answered as next in line.

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like