Better Logic Building for Dependency Attribute

In the dependencies section of an element, currently there is only open logic that can be added.

e.g. Logic:
Show → if (Q1 is equal to 1) and if (Q2 is equal to 1 or Q3 is equal to 1), then Show Element 1.
Hide → if Q1 is equal to 0 and Q2 is equal to 0 and Q3 is equal to 0, then Hide Element 1.

Current Implementation through Dependency of Element 1:

Dependency 1:
Condition 1: AND Q1 is equal to 1
Condition 2: AND Q2 is equal to 1
Action 1: Show

Dependency 2:
Condition 2: AND Q3 is equal to 1
Action 1: Show

Dependency 3:
Condition 1: AND Q1 is equal to 0
Condition 2: AND Q2 is equal to 0
Condition 3: AND Q3 is equal to 0
Action 1: Hide

How I would like to implement:

Dependency 1:
Condition 2: AND (OR Q2 is equal to 1 OR Q3 is equal to 1)
Action: Show

Dependency 2:
Condition 1: AND Q1 is equal to 0
Condition 2: AND Q2 is equal to 0
Condition 3: AND Q3 is equal to 0
Action 1: Hide

This is a simplified form of the scenario I have. The real one involves loads of conditions and dependencies making the logic more complex and less flexible with changes.

There is a brilliant way in subsets creation page for adding logics. If this can somehow be made available for the dependency section, that would help a lot while creating complex use cases.

Note: For the time being I am using a workaround by using some variables to be set as 1 or 0 based on certain conditions and utilizing them as logics to show and hide the element. However, introducing brackets in dependency attribute would be so helpful and make the logic building compact and straightforward.

Thanks

Hi Shyam, thank you for your first post here in the Netcall Community. Your contributions here are valued and important. With regard to your suggestions around dependencies I will forward your comments to our Core Team for their consideration and they will respond in due course hopefully! Regards - MP

1 Like

Hey @Shyam.Nair, you can also raise an Idea via the Ideas Portal!
Meike

1 Like

Thanks, I have now raised the same as an idea in the respective page.

Thanks for the update.