Citizen Hub - documentation for Export/Import when deploying from BUILD > TEST > LIVE

Can anyone link me to some documentation relating to creating and using Import/Exports to get all the required data from BUILD into TEST/LIVE environments in Citizen Hub.

I’d also like to know how to import/export relational data from multiple data objects.

Thanks

Hi Jonathan,

I don’t have anything specifically to point you to, as creating an export itself is a relatively simple venture, however, the key detail when exporting related data is to export your related keys, and number your exports with the order in which they need to be imported.

Imagine you have a parent record, object a and a child object b. It is important that a object is exported with its ID column and will be imported first, so that relationships with b can be formed when it is later imported.

When creating the export for the child b object, include its own id if needed, but the important id to include is that of its parent.

When creating the import you need only link back to the parent id to create the required link.

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further queries.

Adam