Comfort Prompts

I am looking for some assistance regarding comfort prompts, I have checked the academy and there doesn’t seen to be any guidance currently. The problem that I am having is, I have recorded comfort message in the group comfort prompts queue via system admin. Updated the queue info IVR but the prompt is giving an error and not playing

Played: Before queue information
Prompt: Out of date - Show current transcript
Prompt ID: 54267

Hi @LynseyLeonard. To recap: you have added the Comfort Prompt text and then recorded the Prompt using the System Administration TUI and the prompt ID, saved the prompt but it is not playing when calling into the Queue - you look and see the message - Prompt: Out of date - Show current transcript

If that is the case, then what is needed next is to publish the prompt. Now this can depend on the version you have but you should be able to see if you have this or not very quickly.

Under Contact Centre - Group select Prompts (just above where you manage Comfort Prompts)

Then you can see a list of all prompts for your Group and the associated prompt ID and transcript. Hopefully your new prompt is listed, and it may even say Up To Date. As long as you see your prompt transcription there then you can use the Publish button at the bottom to make the prompt live.

If you don’t have the publish button, then you will need to run a System Update (Under Platform - System Settings - System Update) to publish the prompts (and then speak to Netcall Support about getting the latest version as you will be running quite a few versions behind).

Let us know if this solves the issue for you or not and we can go from there.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Thank you very much Jonathon, this is great. I really appreciate the quick response. I do have the publish changes however when selected another option pops up to upload a wav file? although I have recorded this through system admin. We are on
Version: 5.8.12

@JonathanRedsell I have come across an issue when following your guidance, should I now report to support? Many thanks

HI @LynseyLeonard what is the issue?

Thanks

Jonathan

I do have the publish changes however when selected another option pops up to upload a wav file? although I have recorded this through system admin. We are on
Version: 5.8.12

Hi @LynseyLeonard that’s ok, you can use the system update process to publish in this case.

Unsure why you get that pop up but it may be me missing something or perhaps the process is slightly different on your version.

Out of interest on the prompt you have added and recorded do you have a image icon next to it? Or does it have a little x like this?image

If you happen to have a image you can click this to play the prompt and ensure it is correct. If it is, you can also right click the icon and use the option to Save As (or Save Link As depending on your browser) this will then download the prompt in the required wav file that you can then upload in the prompts field which you can then publish.

A question I forgot to ask, did you record the prompt and then add the text?

Let me know if you still have the message of it being out dated or if you have other issues/errors.

Thanks.

Jonathan

This has worked and now up to date, I have entered the text in the prompt so I can see what is recorded, do I need to change this? Thank you for your help.

@JonathanRedsell It is playing the auto attended voice and not the recording, why is that?

If the prompt says it is recorded and you use the publish button, if thats not worked then please try the system update option as well to ensure it properly publishes.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Jonathan

@JonathanRedsell Thank you I will complete a system update but before I do can you please let me know if this should be done out of hours, will it affect what is currently live on the platform?

So a system update, ideally should be left to run overnight (as it does this each day at 1am). You can however run this during normal operation hours if required (typically for anything that cannot wait until the nightly run). A System update will import any synchronized data sources and add/change/delete entities according to the import files. The system will then run tasks relating to grammar which will affect the ContactPortal Virtual Operator element of the solution only (as it also restarts the speech recognition services which would affect calls processed by ContactPortal during the restart of this service which takes up to 60 seconds typically). Other than that, it should not affect any calls to your Contact Centre or other services.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jonathan

That helps, I will leave this until the 1am update and check tomorrow, thank you very much for your help today.