A supplier has updated their system and are now providing xlsx exports rather than CSV. I have re-configured the importer, however getting an error when i try to import. I’ve attached screenshots to show the settings. Does any one have any tips for imported xlsx files?
I’ve tried changing to types allowed “all” and also tried renaming the file
Morning Kevin,
Have you tried it with an xlsx file of your own, or simplifying the filename. I wonder if the parser is tripping over some of the characters in that filename.
If we can establish the issues we can look to get it resolved.
Either way, could you send me a stripped / reduced and/or redacted version I can test with too.
Adam
Thanks for you quick reply, I’ve emailed you.
We are on 2021.3 at the moment
It’s a general object
Thanks
Raised as bug #25447.
I’ll keep you updated on progress.
Thats very strange, i’m still getting the same error on both Chrome and Safari
However, if i download the file you succesfully uploaded - I can upload it, did you edit the file in any way?
No editing at all, can you try with the file you sent me?
Try looking into file properties and see if the mime type is incorrect or has been corrupted.
I’ve tried the one i sent you, and the original I was sent but both are failing - I downloaded the original again and didn’t open it (so it remained unaltered) and still doesn’t work.
Aha, so if i open in excel, save, then try - we get success. It must be an issue with the system creating the extract, and re-saving it in excel fixes it







