GOV.UK/Notify API

Good Afternoon,

Is it possible for Liberty Converse to use the Gov.uk/Notify API for sending SMS messages?

Thanks

Paul

HI @thepfy, which part of the platform are you wanting to send SMS from?

Thanks

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

It would be Notify / Remind+ Outpatient Appointment Reminder and Confirmer campaigns.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks @thepfy I did think this but wanted to make sure. Is this for 2way SMS or just One way?

Hi Jonathan,

Just one-way. Cannot see anything on the website which mentions 2 way SMS
Their REST documentation is linked below.

REST API documentation - GOV.UK Notify (notifications.service.gov.uk)

Thanks Paul

Thanks Paul, just been checking and taking a look at my system (5.4.3) and note there is no direct way currently to connect to GOV.Notify

I shall go and speak to some people to see about the feasibility of this.

In the mean time if any other uses of GOV.Notify wish to have this method of connection available please let us know.

Thanks Jonathan,

Given the number of public sector organisations which use Netcall I can see gov.uk/notify as potentially useful given they allow you to send a number of SMS free.

The allowance is:

250,000 free text messages for central government services
25,000 free text messages for other public sector services

It costs 1.58 pence (plus VAT) for each text message you send after you’ve used your free allowance.

Thanks Paul. We have raised a change request for this feature, it is at the first stage (being considered), and we will update here with the outcome.

In the mean time can all customers who would benefit from this please let us know by commenting here and also if you can add any additional comments about how you utilise the SMS that would be great as well.

Thanks.

Jonathan

We’re using Gov.notify as well and would like to link this to our notify outbound.

IS this possible?

Hi,

I was just wondering what happened with this?

We’re keen to explore integrating our Create solution with Notify.gov for sending SMS messages, definitely for outbound and potentially for 2-way.

Jamie

Hey @Jamie.Robertson,
This above topic is about integration between Converse and Notify.gov. I understand you are looking at integrating Create rather than Converse with Notify.gov? (If so, then you are already able to :slight_smile: .)

Thanks,
Meike

However, maybe you have an update for others that are looking into this topic @JonathanRedsell?
Thank you!
Meike

Oops, didn’t realise I was in the Converse section!

Can you point me in the direction of any documents/resources regarding integrating Create with Notify.gov?

Many thanks

Hey @Jamie.Robertson!
No problem, happens so easily! :slight_smile:

Have a look at this document: Community > Resources > Library > Gov.notify setup (type ‘notify’ into the search bar when you are in the Library)

I don’t know if you use Converse and Connect as well, but if so - the ability to integrate with Notify was added a while back to both of those as well.

Meike

Is there any support for inbound SMS messaging for Gov.Notify in Liberty Converse Notify?
When selecting Gov.UK Notify SMS, the receive options disappear.

Thanks