How to generate results for previous cases raised

Hi
I added a case status (Case > status > choice) field to a search widget that was created some time back. Search returns results based on the newly created field, but it works only for new cases. Will someone be able to help me on how to generate results for previous cases raised please?

Thank you
Mihiri

Hi Mihiri

I am assuming that the field is a property on the object rather than the status attribute (its not 100% definate from your image). In that case, the existing records created before the property was added will have an “empty” value. In order to select them in your search I can think of two ways:

1. Include the “Nothing Selected” option on the Case > Status > Choice field. I think it is normally there by default so must have been removed. You can see your old cases by selecting “All” for this value.

2. Include the “No Value” option on the field:

You could even include both if you wanted!

Richard

Hi Richard
Yes, its a property on the object. Thanks a lot for the explanation. I followed your steps and it displays all the old cases raised when search by ‘All’.

But, when I search for ‘Active’, ‘Completed’ or ‘Cancelled’ cases, search displays only the newly created active /newly created and cancelled / Newly created and completed cases.
Cases that were raised before implementing this property are not visible when search by either ‘Active’, ‘Cancelled’ or ‘Completed’

Mihiri

Hi Mihiri,

That is correct. Cases created before you implemented the property cannot just acquire a value for the status property -it will be empty. If you wanted to you could set up a rule to set the value for all those cases where the field is empty - and fire a signal to process the rule. On the assumption that they will not all be completed (or Active I suppose) then that may only make sense if you can work out the status from other properties that did exist before.

The only other option is the second one above - include “No Value” - you will then get another option on the dropdown to find all cases that do not have a value set - and you could then set the value manually.

Richard

Hi Richard
Thanks a lot for the instructions. I will have a look.

Mihiri