Maintaining content of search results page

We have a Widget group containing a Search widget, and a List widget to display the results. There is a link in each record of the list widget in order to navigate to the record details page and view details in full.

Users have complained that when performing a Search, if multiple results are returned, once you click on one record, it’s impossible to ‘go back’ t the search results as the search has cleared, and they have to start the search all over again.

1. Is it possible to maintain the results in a search page so users can return to it by clicking the ‘back’ button.

2. If not, is it possible to configure the link in the search results to open in a new tab, so as to preserve the Search results page.

Many thanks

Stephen

In the Widget Group settings you should find a “Remember search criteria” option which should do this if enabled.

Also yes, you can make links open in a new tab, the link fragment has a “Link target” setting, down near the bottom of the settings panel I think.

In the Widget Group settings you should find a “Remember search criteria” option which should do this if enabled. - Yep, this works great and is what we need. I never thought to check the config for the Widget Group. Many thanks.

Also yes, you can make links open in a new tab, the link fragment has a “Link target” setting, down near the bottom of the settings panel I think. - For future reference, I can see this setting for a stand alone ‘Link’ element, but for a field in a list Widget, which has been converted to a link, I can’t see a Link Target option. Are you able to specify new tab for this type of link?

Ah no then, the link option on a normal fragment does not have that setting. You would need to use a separate link column in that case, which has a few extra settings available.

1 Like