Manually upload greetings to voicemail system

Hi there.

I’m using Liberty Converse 5.6.3 and wondering if there is any way to manually upload voicemail greetings.

When I load the directory entry for a user, I can see the personal greeting, I can click on this and listen to it, or even download this prompt. However, I see no way to upload a manually recorded prompt. I record multiple prompts for our contact centres, and some departments which use bulletin mode on their voicemail have expressed an interest for me to record their prompts for them.

As I work offsite, it is far easier to upload a prompt via the web GUI than it is to dial in.

Any assistance is appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi Andy, unfortunately there is no way to upload Voicemail greetings via the web interface.

However, depending on your need (as typically users should update their own voicemail greetings) it might be better to use a Dialogue.

What is the use case for you needing to manually update voicemail greetings? From there we can look to see if there is a better way.

Many thanks.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Thanks for the feedback. I had considered using a Dialogue, as that is what the team use now, but they want to remove any ability for calls to queue as they are having staffing level issues. They want calls directly into a Hunt Group of local phones, then a message to be played if they don’t answer in time.

I see a clear path now though. I’ll push the calls not answered within the time allocated into a Dialogue and then a hang up, instead of Voicemail in Bulletin mode.

Have you thought about going to a CallQueue? But also you could control the transfer and hunting of calls from within the Dialogue and then route to a Voiceform to ask structured messages which may also benefit if it is a team.

They have a call queue now, and this is the reason they want to move away from it. Calls are queueing and they feel like the callers are getting a poor experience as they can be stuck in the queue for a long time. They’re not in as position to move to a full contact centre. It could be as simple as a configuration change could alleviate their woes, but I’m not sure what I’d change.

Presently they have a Dialogue, controlled by timeplan, which plays a simple message then forwards to the call queue. They want to remove the queue option, so I thought about leaving the main Dialogue, pushing the calls to a local Hunt Group, then overflowing them back into Liberty for another simple Dialogue for a “No resources available” type announcement.

If this could be simplified and appease the users I’d be most grateful for a solution.

HI @andy.wallace sorry it took me a little longer to respond than I wanted. With a CallQueue you can set limits on your callers, this can be based on the time they have been waiting for, or if there are two many callers in the queue. You are able to send this to a Dialogue (Different ones if you want) or you can use the Queue Bailout Mailbox option to send it straight to the voicemail.

Hope that helps.

Jonathan